E visa

The E Visa category is only available to those who are nationals of countries that have a treaty of friendship, commerce and navigation or a Bilateral Investment Treaty with the US (for a full list please click here).  The Treaty Trader Visa (E-1) is based on substantial trade between the US and the country of nationality.  The Treaty Investor Visa (E-2) is based on a substantial investment in an ongoing, operating enterprise.  Some countries have either E-1 or E-2 Treaties, but not both.  Essential employees from the treaty countries are also eligible for E Visa status.  Those who hold an E Visa may stay in the U.S. for as long as they maintain their position with the enterprise.